Our love of kale is no secret--it's what our products are based on! There is good reason why kale is so good for you. Here are just a few:
- Kale is loaded with powerful antioxidants like Quercetin, Kaempferol, sulforaphane, all of which are believed to protect against oxidative damage, thereby reducing risk of disease and slowing down the aging process.
- Kale is also loaded with Lutein and Zeaxanthin, powerful carotenoid antioxidants believed to be associated with reducing risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
- It has more Vitamin C than an orange, gram for gram (one cup of chopped kale has a whopping 134% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin C).
- While you don't typically think of the king of leafy greens as having healthful fats, but kale is actually a great source of alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), the omega-3 fatty acid that's essential for brain health.
- Kale has 133% of a person's daily vitamin A requirement, more than any other leafy green.
- Kale is one of the world's best sources of Vitamin K, with a single raw cup containing nearly 7x the recommended daily amount. Vitamin K is an important nutrient involved in blood clotting and working synergistically with Vitamin D to promote overall health.
- Kale is a good source of minerals that most people lack in their diets, including magnesium, potassium and calcium.
- One advantage that kale has over some other leafy greens (like spinach) is that it's low in oxalate, a substance found in some plants that can prevent minerals from being absorbed.